Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stressing About The Right Things

It's that time again when I have to look at my own self-doubts and all the other things which keep me from functioning at optimum mentally and emotionally. For starters, I think I've been too hung-up about my weight. I've lost 5 lbs and I'll want to lose another 5-10 lbs but I also want to build strong muscles to play my best tennis, too, and I can't do that if I keep trying to starve myself silly. So what I've decided is quite simply to just work out at the gym, using lighter weights and high repetitions for strength and endurance and to protect myself from injury. If I put on more muscle and pick up some definition doing that, fine. If I don't, I'm not going to stress out about it. My body image (and my vanity) will just have to change. if I'm going to stress myself about anything, it would be better to focus on writing more and playing better!


No comments:

Post a Comment